Our course of the week this week is Care and Treatment of Asthma in Athletes, Version 2.0.
This course has recently been endorsed by The British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences (BASES). It can also be taken as CPD recognised by a number of other certified organisations.
We highly recommend Care and Treatment of Asthma in Athletes, Version 2.0 to anyone who is working with athletes who suffer from asthma. The course can also be ancillary material for general medicine courses in undergraduate athletic training curriculum.
Care and Treatment of Asthma in Athletes, Version 2.0 reviews the pathology and basic mechanisms of asthma and provides current prevention and control techniques. This interactive course features approximately four hours of online study developed by Ricardo A. Tan, MD, a specialist in asthma and allergy medicine.
The course starts with the essentials, such as assessing for asthma and reviewing medications and treatment options, then guides you through the process of applying these principles to solve a series of realistic case scenarios. It’s a powerful, effective way to learn.
After completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Recognise the signs and symptoms caused by asthma and other respiratory conditions
- Respond to emergency situations
- Identify the medications that treat asthma
- Identify the triggers for asthma and how to avoid them
- Choose sports for student-athletes and use techniques that help prevent asthma symptoms during sports
- Respond to an acute asthma attack
This course has been discontinued.
For alternative courses visit our special medical concerns store