Our course of the week this week is Extreme Interval Training.
Extreme Interval Training Course provides a variety of high-intensity workouts, including fartlek, pyramid, ladder, sport-specific, cardio-strength, partner, push-up pyramids and core conditioning.
Helen Vanderburg shares goal-focused intervals and more than 50 dynamic exercises and drills to create extensive and intensive training formats.
At the conclusion of the course, you will take a continuing education exam for credit through participating organisations.
- Describe the history and benefits of interval training.
- Define work interval, work-to-recovery ratio, cycles and sets.
- Explain when to use active versus passive recovery.
- Describe advantages and disadvantages of three methods of increasing threshold.
- Outline guidelines for performing anaerobic and aerobic intervals.
- Provide examples of cardiovascular, strength and combination intervals.
- Describe the characteristics of five interval variations.
About the Author
Helen Vanderburg has over 30 years of fitness experience, is a respected international presenter and owns Heavens Fitness Club in Calgary, Canada.
She has received numerous industry awards, including the IDEA Instructor of the Year in 2005 and CanFitPro Presenter of the Year in 1996, 2006, 2013, and 2015. She’s also a consultant, education developer and spokesperson for some of the world’s most influential fitness companies, including Schwinn Cycling, BOSU and Total Gym. Vanderburg has also been a fitness columnist for numerous magazines and newspapers.
A former synchronized swimming world champion, she was inducted into the Canada Sports Hall of Fame in 1983 and the International Swimming Hall of Fame in 1985.
Subscribe to our newsletters
Every month Human Kinetics produces three unique email Newsletters, packed with great articles, events and news, plus information on our latest resources and exclusive reader offers. They’re completely free and if you change your mind you can unsubscribe at any time. So subscribe today.
Fill in your information below and check the emails you want.