We all know how important it is to exercise regularly to keep in shape, and with the growing threat of obesity forcing us to be aware of our physical activity levels, we are constantly looking for ways to keep fit.
Swimming is an excellent way to exercise. It offers numerous benefits that not only include keeping in shape and burning calories.
If you are looking for a way to exercise that you can stick to, one that will benefit your mind as well as your body and a workout that is great for cardiovascular exercise and toning muscle, then swimming in the could be the physical activity choice for you.
Read on to find out the benefits of swimming and working out in the water:
- Regular swimming builds endurance, muscle strength and cardio-vascular fitness
- Swimming can be used as a form of meditation that can help you gain a feeling of well-being
- Swimming is a great way to lose weight as it can burn over 400 calories an hour
- Swimming tones both your upper and lower body
- Exercising in water means there is no stress on your bones, joints or connective tissues
- Swimming can help improve and prevent high blood pressure
- Swimming can help reduce stress
- Swimming strengthens your heart muscle and improves delivery of oxygen to muscles
- Swimming is a great low-impact exercise for pregnant women
- Swimming is fun!
With all these benefits it’s hard to see why anyone wouldn’t give swimming a go.
For books, DVDs and more resources on swimming and water workouts visit uk.humankinetics.com.