The On Your Feet Britain Challenge dares you to take James Brown at his word and convert ‘sitting time’ to ‘standing time’.
“On Your Feet Britain” is taking place on the 24th April 2015 when it is hoped workers across Britain will take on the challenge to sit less and move more whilst having a bit of fun and raising vital funds to fight heart disease.
Workers are being encouraged to follow some simple changes such as:
- Standing during phone calls
- Standing and taking a break from their computer every 30 minutes
- Using the stairs
- Having standing or walking meetings
- Eating their lunch away from your desk
- Walking to a colleague’s desk instead of phoning or emailing them
- Standing at the back of the room during presentations
As well as freeing yourself from you chair for the day why not help raise funds to support the British Heart Foundation and their life saving research?
Subscribe to our newsletters
Every month Human Kinetics produces three unique email Newsletters, packed with great articles, events and news, plus information on our latest resources and exclusive reader offers. They’re completely free and if you change your mind you can unsubscribe at any time. So subscribe today.
Fill in your information below and check the emails you want.