Human Kinetics has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Executive to join our team in Leeds, England. The successful applicant will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary.
Human Kinetics is the world’s biggest independent publisher of sport, health, dance, PE and recreation resources. But it’s not just books and e-books; we make courses, videos, journals, apps and so much more. All created in collaboration with the world’s foremost experts.
Right now we’re looking for a go-getting Marketing Executive to join our growing team in the recently renovated European office in Yorkshire. You’ll have good marketing instincts and be hungry to help us expand our digital presence. At your disposal will be a host of new technologies. We’ve invested substantially in these and are implementing them now.
So if you love sport or staying active and want to help others worldwide lead healthier, happier, more fulfilling lives, apply today.
Responsibilities of our Marketing Executive
- Work alongside the Marketing and Design Manager to drive effective marketing activity.
- Utilize all channels including direct mail, email, social media, search, associations and publicity.
- Address customer and strategic partners’ marketing queries.
- Develop new and innovative marketing strategies and work collaboratively to implement them.
- Continually test, compare, analyse and evaluate all methods of marketing communications, including responses, formats and channels.
- Develop marketing strategies for front and backlist titles.
- Take ownership of the sales performance of specific titles.
- Work closely with authors to identify sales opportunities and support promotional activity.
- Create, assess and manage the integration of marketing plans, covering activity in each area in association with sales functions, cost-effectively and in a timely fashion.
- Provide support and content for sales and marketing campaigns.
- Assist with other areas of marketing where required.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications required by our Marketing Executive
- Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Sport or Business.
- Sales / marketing experience.
- Knowledge of / and interest in sport, fitness and academia.
- Familiarity with email marketing including planning, strategy, execution and reporting.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills.
- Ability to design and conduct market research and formulate action plans.
- Confident presentation skills.
- Experience of Google AdWords and Twitter advertising.
- Experience of carrying out direct mail campaigns.
- Ability to plan content strategy for blogging platforms.
- Social media skills, including Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Strong personal interaction and good telephone manner.
- Proactive, motivated and able to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good administrative / organisational skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word / Microsoft Excel or similar software programs.
- Flexibility in working hours and duties.
- Ability to cope with pressure and prioritise workloads.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Qualifications required by our Marketing Executive
- CIM and/or postgraduate qualifications in marketing.
- Good typing speed.
- Possession of full clean driving licence.
- Interest in publishing.
- Knowledge of academic and higher education markets.
You will work mostly in an office environment however, the position requires occasional warehouse-based work and potentially a small amount of off-site work at trade shows and conferences and may involve working away, overnight and at weekends.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required for our Marketing Executive role, please email your CV and cover letter to Jonathan Kay. Alternatively apply via our website.
Human Kinetics is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.