This webinar provides an introduction to exercise prescription and equips students, health professionals, exercise instructors and private and public sector workers involved in physical activity, with an understanding of the benefits of exercise prescription in chronic disease.
Presented by Dr Dane Vishnubala
It also details the career opportunities available in exercise prescription, particularly in the UK.
- By the end of this webinar, attendees were able to:
- Explain the main health benefits of exercise in key common chronic diseases
- Explain how ‘exercise on prescription’ works.
- Understand the role of the new PHE GP Clinical Champions in Physical Activity Network
- Recognise the career possibilities and opportunities in this field.
About the presenter
Dane has been working in the health and fitness industry since 2002 as an exercise specialist and over the last 12 years has worked with a range of clients. He has worked heavily in exercise on prescription schemes and taught cardiac rehabilitation classes. He currently works in a range of roles, working as a GP in York, as a PHE GP Clinical Champion in Physical activity educating clinicians on behalf of Public Health England and an NHS Sport and Exercise Medicine Doctor. In addition to his NHS work, Dane is a University lecturer in Exercise and Health at Leeds Beckett and the founder of CORE Fitness Education. He also holds a number of advisory roles for various health and fitness organisations in the UK and is a strong advocate of exercise and nutrition in the prevention of disease and regularly presents to patient groups and other professionals at meetings and conferences.