Human Kinetics has an exciting opportunity for a Sales Manager to join our team in Leeds, England. The successful applicant will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary.
Human Kinetics is the world’s biggest independent publisher of sport, health, dance, PE and recreation resources. But it’s not just books and e-books; we make courses, videos, journals, apps and so much more. All created in collaboration with the world’s foremost experts.
We’ve got strong plans to build our sales across Europe and we’re looking for a Sales Manager who is up for a challenge. Based in Leeds in our recently renovated European office, but with some travel to key regions in Europe, you will be responsible for driving international academic sales. You’ll manage key relationships with resellers, librarians and academics.
You’ll be a confident and intelligent presenter, hungry to drive sales to these regions forward. You’ll understand the complex needs of Higher Education Academics and Associations in the growing fields of sport and exercise science.
So if you love sport or staying active and want to help others worldwide lead healthier, happier, more fulfilling lives, apply today.
Responsibilities of our Sales Manager:
– Manage HK’s European academic strategy.
– Undertake market research and build territory specific sales plans.
– Undertake targeted international academic promotion, liaising with lecturers, key accounts and librarians to sell books, courses and journals.
– Manage an international sales rep force, supporting their needs and guiding their performance.
– Undertake and utilise Sales Analysis and compile reports to monitor performance and inform future direction.
– Take ownership of the sales performance of specific titles.
– Work closely with authors to identify sales opportunities and support promotional activity.
– Negotiate sales and manage returns requests for campus bookshops and ensure stock is available of confirmed adoptions.
– Represent the company at trade shows, conferences and other events.
– Assist with other areas of sales and marketing where required.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications required by our Sales Manager:
– Degree in Business, Sport or Exercise.
– Sales / marketing experience.
– Key account management experience.
– Knowledge of / and interest in sport, fitness and academia.
– Strong analytical and reporting skills.
– Ability to design and conduct market research and formulate action plans.
– Confident presentation skills.
– Strong personal interaction and good telephone manner.
– Proactive, motivated and able to work independently and as a part of a team.
– Verbal and written communication skills.
– Good administrative / organisational skills.
– Ability to use Microsoft Word / Microsoft Excel or similar software programs.
– Flexibility in working hours and duties.
– Ability to cope with pressure and prioritise workloads.
– A full UK driving licence.
– Ambition and commitment to both personal and company development.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Qualifications required by our Sales Manager:
– Knowledge of international academia.
– Good typing speed.
– Interest in publishing.
You will work mostly in an office environment however, the position requires occasional off-site work to meet customers throughout Europe, and attend trade shows and conferences.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required for our Sales Manager role, please email your resume and cover letter to Rory Aspell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Human Kinetics is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.